Just a very short sharing about how I pick stocks to trade and when?
THE RIGHT TIME
- I watch out stock index and its market cap till it drop under one year average to decide the right time to buy.
THE RIGHT STOCK
- Do research with those stocks which weighted for VN-30 index – The Index tracks the total performance of the top 30 large-cap, similar to S&P500 index of US.
- Choose those stocks have high volume transaction, around 300,000 per day.
- Check for stocks have trend up during 6 months and eliminate those have trend down or neutral.
- Choose those have cash dividend is at least 15%, so if I stuck in loss I still can get 15% cash back for each financial year.
- Finally, check out my intuition if I love the business, the corporate or not.
It’s all my current strategy in trading (not investing) stock and it works for me.
My favorite site and its tools to do research:
- VN30 list: https://www.investing.com/indices/vn-30-components
- For checking market cap and index: https://www.hsx.vn/
- All data for trend, volume, price, dividend etc. http://s.cafef.vn/du-lieu.chn
A rainy and lazy lazy Sunday in Vientiane, Laos